Known in Sanskrit as haridra and in Hindi as Haldi, turmeric is anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiviral, antibacterial, anti-allergic, anticancer, blood purifier and digestant. Gain the full benefits of turmeric by including fresh turmeric in your diet. This recipe marries the benefits of turmeric with the anti-inflammatory, anticancer, antiviral and digestive properties of fresh ginger-- and adds additional curcumins from yellow mustard.
1 cup chopped raw turmeric
1 cup chopped ginger
1/2 cup lime juice
chopped green chilies as per the taste
salt to taste
1 tsp dried fenugreek seeds
1 tsp asafetida
1/4 cup mustard powder
- Fry fenugreek seeds and asafetida in a little oil until golden.
- Cool and powder.
- Mix mustard powder, fenugreek seeds and asafetida powder well.
- Apply the powder to turmeric and ginger.
- Pour lime juice and salt over it.
- Add chopped green chilies to the mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil until smoking and pour over the pickle.
- Store it in a sterilised glass jar.
- Serve it after 8 days.