Alandi Ashram, Alandi Ayurveda Gurukula and the Alandi Ayurveda Clinic are nestled up against the foothills in beautiful Boulder, Colorado. Founded in 1990 by Alakananda Ma and Sadanandaji, Alandi Ashram is inspired by the saints of Alandi, Sant Jnaneshvar and Raghudas Maharaj, Alandi Ashram manifests their core teachings of oneness, simplicity, love and connectedness.
Alandi Ashram Celebrates its Silver Jubilee!
We invite you to join us in celebrating the Silver Jubilee of Alandi Ashram. For 25 years now, Alandi Ashram has been touching the lives of hundreds of people around the world. Founded by Alakananda Ma and Sadanandaji at the behest of their teachers, Alandi Ashram is an independent, grassroots, contemplative center. Deeply rooted in the bhakti tradition of the Poet-Saints of Maharashtra, Alandi is a sheltering tree whose branches extend to diverse traditions and lineages, embracing Sufi, Jewish, Christian and Buddhist practices, as well as those of other Indian lineages.
Among its offerings, Alandi provides:
- Top quality Ayurvedic clinic with sliding scale options,
- Unique Ayurvedic gurukula school offering the only four year program in America
- Weekly spiritual events for world peace and healing
- Authentic practices of diverse traditions
- Support for homeless, troubled or searching young adults
- Mentoring, meditation instruction and spiritual guidance
- Life cycle celebrations such as weddings and baby naming
- End of life support including nursing home, hospice and home visits
- Memorial services, ash scattering and bereavement support
- Humanitarian activities such as Peace PUSH to raise funds for Pakistan, stricken by severe floods in 2010
- Spiritual activism for justice, peace and the environment
In this coming year of our Silver Jubilee, we will share stories each month highlighting various aspects of Alandi.
We will culminate with a Vedic fire ceremony and silent auction on September 18, 2015 — the mahasamahdi of Raghudas, Alandi’s original guru.
January: a devotee's experience “I offer profound gratitude for the haven I found in Alandi Ashram. Few places of worship offer such a high level of humble devotion, coupled with the understanding that we need to ensure peace and safety for all beings through tangible actions in the world." more
February: Alandi’s Gift "I have never known a woman with more capacity to see, to know and to stick with people throughout their inner journey." more
March: a student's story "Alandi became much more than a school to me. It became a community; a place where I could go to in times of sadness or stress and share my emotions. A place where I felt I could be myself and share what I have to offer. The schooling at Alandi offered me an amazing education of Ayurveda and was brought to me in a very clear and hands on way." more
Ways to participate:
- Sign up below for our weekly newsletter to stay in touch and get great recipes and health tips
- Donate here to contribute to our silver jubilee fund
- Contribute gifts or services to our silent auction: contact Jodi firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you can’t attend the fire ceremony in person, you can participate by sponsoring the event. Your name will be read out at the beginning of the event.
- Check here often. Each month we will have a special theme, and new ways to participate.
Enter your email here to receive weekly newsletters with helpful tips on staying healthy for the season, recipes, and other Alandi news!